Annual eye exams are vital preventative measures to maintaining sight and overall wellness. Belill Eye Care is now the only office in the Clio area to offer Optomap® Retinal Imaging. It produces a high resolution, panoramic image that improves Dr. Belill's ability to assess the health of the retina. Many eye problems can develop without any changes in vision. Sight-threatening diseases such as retinal detachments, melanoma (cancer), macular degeneration, glaucoma, as well as other health problems such as diabetes and high blood pressure can possibly be seen with a thorough exam of the retina. The benefits of Optomap® technology have been featured on national health programs: "The Doctors" and "Dr. Oz" as well as supported by vision insurances (VSP and Eyemed).
Optomap® Retinal Imaging provides:
- A view of the retina that is unparalleled by any traditional methods.
- A digital scan to permanently document a healthy eye and compare to in future.
- Enhanced disease detection rates - documented in numerous studies.
- Better Patient education. The Optomap® image is shown immediately on a computer screen so Dr. Belill can review it with you in the exam room.
- A fast, easy, and comfortable experience for all ages from children to seniors. The majority of images are able to be taken without pupil dilation.